Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Jackets, cats, and laughter.


It turned fall here, and that means it is time to bundle up. Miriam and David Hertz gave me this awesome jacket and I know I am looking good in it. Dad also put on some nineteen-eighties style leg-warmers on me. How gauche! But, it did keep my legs warm during our walks. During the two weeks when mom was on service in the hospital, Dad took me on lots of walks. Lots and lots of walks. And sometimes it did get cold. When it did, I simply raised my voice a little and dad took me home.

Good dad.



I also decided to take the plunge and move from just tolerating the cats (whom I finally outweigh) to actually petting them. I am not so sure about it, but nothing ventured, nothing gained. Maya (pictured) is a very gentle cat who lives for my touch, so it is the least I can do.

Finally, I have started to be delighted by unusual things. When mom and dad are goofy, sometimes I laugh. However, any 6 year old's antics cause me to light up and screech with joy. Mom and dad must have forgotten the flavor of silly that is best for little babies.


I'll teach them, somehow.

Lots of love, Rosie.

No comments: